This page is dedicated to gravel and fat bike races and footage, go out and ride the less traveled roads.
Every year I put together a nice amount races starting with gravel races, followed by Mountain Bike Races (see MTB Race page), and finishing with Cyclo-cross races and MTB races. Below I have information on each race and results!
This race located in Hastings, MI has become a staple for me at the beginning of the race season for 2016 and 2017, both races I did the 36 mile race and placed 2nd and 12th in age group. For a complete training program to get you to your best performance, stayed tuned, we will have it here shortly. In the meantime, check out more on the Barry Roubaix Killer Gravel Road Race, and click the link next to the picture to sign up for the next race.
WHAT IS THE BARRY-ROUBAIX
- The largest gravel road bicycle race in the world!
- Challenging race traversing the rolling and scenic gravel roads throughout Barry County, Michigan
- Over $34,000 in awards cash and prizes
- Kick off the race season with 0ver 3,500 of your fellow cyclists
- Cyclocross, Mountain, Road, Single-Speed, Fixed gear, Fatbikes & Tandem bicycles are welcome in any category
- The course will be marked. Directional arrows will be coordinated with your race length. RED = 62 mile, YELLOW = 36 mile and BLUE = 22 mile race
- Neutral aid stations
- A huge after-party and awards ceremony
- Founders beer and food vendors inside the awards party ( cash only)
- CITY: Hastings, Michigan 49058
- COUNTY: Barry County
- Start/Finish/Parking: Downtown,Hastings 49058
The Spring Lowell 50 gravel road race in Lowell, MI has also become a pre-season race for me to get ready for the MTB season. My first year doing this race was my first year riding, I placed 61st overall and 8th in my age, my second year in 2016 I did a little better placing 17th overall and 5th in my age group in a brutally windy race, and this year 2017 I hung with the front group of 18 riders, started my move a little early because I was in the back of the pack, managed to move up in an all out sprint for 7th overall and 2nd in my age group in a very pot hole filled race. I was able to trim off about 13 minutes form the previous years time. Click the link above to sign up for their next race, they do one in the spring and the fall.
Race Description: The Lowell 50 is a classic old world style gravel road race. You’ll race along the banks of the Flat River and through rural Ionia County on approximately 85% unpaved roads. You may choose from either the 57 or 34 mile race, both routes are single loops. The courses are challenging, scenic, and fun. Including one historic wooden covered bridge dating back to the mid-1800s’.
BEACH: This is a great beach ride starting at the North side of the Grand Haven Pier on Lake Michigan in Michigan. You can also Run the beach from the south pier in Grand Haven as well. There is an epic dune climb that will get you in great shape!
OWASIPPE: This is a great place to ride when we get a lot of Fat Bikers out to groom the trail, Owasippe located near Blue Lake in Michigan. Check out the terrain!
RILEY TRAILS: Here are a couple different videos of Riley Trails located near Holland, MI. Check out the groomed trails!
BASS RIVER: This is a great course when there is enough snow, check out the tight singletrack at Bass River located Southeast of Grand Haven, MI.